A more detailed change log is below, but here are a few highlights and notes before you try it out.
- The new 64-bit update requires 10.10 or later!
- If you'd like to keep this and the older 32-bit versions installed at the same time, simply rename the existing VDMX on your computer to something else (eg VDMX b8232 or VDMX 32bit) before running the new installer.
- Various old movie codecs are no longer supported by AVFoundation. PhotoJPEG, Hap, and h.264 are now generally recommended for use in VDMX. ProRes is also supported.
- That's right, you can use h.264 movies! To get the best performance while scrubbing / adjusting playback rate make sure to set every frame as a keyframe when encoding.
- Movie Recorder can capture to h.264 with hardware acceleration on supported GPUs. Recorder can also capture to PhotoJPEG / Hap / ProRes.
- Vuo support! See the release notes for full details, but essentially Vuo compositions can be used as sources, FX, text sources and plugins.
- Lots of bug fixes, performance improvements and time saving workflow tweaks.